Fluid Player is a free HTML5 video player. It is lightweight, easy to integrate and has advanced VAST capabilities.
- Supports the VAST standard
- Multiple VAST tags (pre-roll, mid-roll, post-roll)
- Linear (video) ads
- Non linear VAST tags (banner images (gif/jpg/png))
- VAST Wrappers
- VPAID Ads (Linear, Nonlinear, switch over from Nonlinear to Linear)
- Comes with its own design, which is easily customizable. Ability to use the browser default layout
- Timeline Preview
- Compatible with modern web browsers
- Ability to have more than 1 player per page
- Keyboard Shortcuts by key
- Allows adding multiple video sources for user to switch between different video quality
- Autoplay control
- Allows adding a custom logo
- Custom call to action text when playing a video ad
- Wordpress Plugin
- Scripts and resources available via CDN
- Mini Player
What is VAST
The IAB Digital Video Ad Serving Template (VAST) specification is a universal XML schema for serving ads to digital video players, and describes expected video player behavior when executing VAST-formatted ad responses.
In short, VAST makes it possible for an ad provider to serve ads to various video players using a universal way of communication which all these players understand.
A thorough description of the overall idea behind VAST, as well as the full VAST specification, can be found here: VAST 4.0.
Fluid Player is licensed under the MIT License. View the License.